Each year, billions pounds of safe food and grocery products are pulled off grocery store shelves and removed from circulation. Without intervention, these items would be thrown away and wasted. But with 35 millions Americans in struggling with hunger in this country, corporations need to stop dumping products that are still healthy and safe for consumption.
With the help of our partners, Feeding America can put these products in the hands of those who need them.
Helping You Helping Us
If your organization deals with distressed or surplus product, we can help your bottom line while supporting Americans in need.
As a Feeding America partner you receive:
* Liability protection
* Savings in storage and inventory, transportation, and dumping costs
* Free product pick-up from any location in the United States
* Pickup and tracking of product from all of your customer facilities
* Complete product tracking and recall capabilities
* A possible reduction in your tax bill
* High standards of operation established and inspected by FMI and GMA
* Enhanced public image
* National and local presence
* The ability to help millions of hungry Americans
Contact the Feeding America national office (telephone/email) with the following information:
* Product location and address, contact name, and phone number
* Product description
* Current condition of product
* Total number of cases and/or pallets available
* Case weights and configuration/number of cases per pallet
* Transportation and storage specifics (dry, refrigerated, frozen)
* Reason for donation (code date issue, unlabeled, etc.)
* Contact name and address for person receiving the receipt
* Extended shelf-life if product is out of or close to code
To donate product (distressed or surplus) in any amount, please contact:
Karen Hanner, Director of Manufacturing Product Sourcing
To donate fresh produce (distressed, surplus, or first-line) in any amount, please contact:
Jack Friend, Director of Food Purchasing
A Feeding America network member will pick up your product at no cost to you. We will also send a detailed receipt for tax purposes.