See All Current Openings
Food Services Compliance Officer
Greater Chicago Food Depository
About Greater Chicago Food Depository
Serves as a liaison on compliance between member agencies and programs and the Greater Chicago Food Depository. Monitors agency sites and programs to ensure compliance with GCFD and government guidelines and requirements.
- Compliance Audit: Conduct all inspection site visits for member agencies and programs.
- Develop and maintain site visit schedule.
- Conduct site visits in accordance with GCFD and government guidelines with agencies and programs throughout Cook County.
- Perform all routine follow-up visits and reporting with agencies and programs.
- Review and monitor the submission of required reports, ensuring accuracy and completion by member agencies and programs.
- Report any persistent problems to the appropriate Community and Network Resource Coordinator, Regional Manager, or Government Programs Manager for resolution.
- Maintain strong knowledge of compliance regulations and guidelines as well as performance standards established by the GCFD and corresponding governmental entity.
- Maintain accurate and timely electronic records in Navision, ETO, paper files, and other database systems.
- Maintain consistent, professional contact with agencies in advance of and following site visits; adhere to professional and ethical guidelines in all client interactions.
- Interdepartmental Coordination and Referral: Work collaboratively with Community and Network Resource Coordinators, Regional Managers, and Government Programs Manager to assess agency and program needs and provide assistance in the areas of routine reporting requirements, general food program operations, volunteer recruitment and retention, fundraising, resource management, transportation, food safety, etc. Promote the ongoing development of member agencies and programs to encourage participation in GCFD programs and services. Refer specific needs and questions to appropriate staff.
- Government Programs Coordination and Compliance: Maintain strong knowledge of all current guidelines and regulations in government food programs. Work collaboratively with Government Programs Manager to ensure ongoing agency and program compliance with regulations in all government programs. Maintain accurate compliance files and assist as needed in preparing for audits of GCFD records by government agencies.
- Budget and Planning: Assist the Compliance Manager in planning and managing the department budget and development and implementation of a strategic plan that serves the organization’s short and long-term goals. Assist in the ongoing monitoring and analysis of GCFD services and programs.
- Maintain a turnover file for area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1+ years of social service and/or program management experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal required.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Proficiency in MS Office – Word, Excel, Access, Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and maintain timely schedule with minimal supervision required.
- Must have access to working vehicle with valid insurance and possess a valid Illinois Driver’s License.
- Must attain Food Handlers License upon employment.