See All Current Openings
Feeding America Tampa Bay
About Feeding America Tampa Bay
Transportation - The Distribution Manager manages a staff of drivers and a Dispatcher, oversees driver scheduling, pickups and deliveries of food donations and data related to operations. The Distribution Manager will work with COO to create and manage the yearly budget. The Distribution Manager also functions as the back-up dispatcher and a back up driver when necessary. The Distribution Manager oversees all duties related to vehicles leases, maintenance, DOT training and regulations and all fleet related files.
Food Procurement – The Food will focus on securing donations through calling upon food manufacturers, produce growers, distributors, wholesalers, retailers and co-packers. Manages all food sourcing programs, including Purchased Food, Retail Donations, Food Drives and all others. This position is responsible for increasing local food donations by working with current and potential donors to make the Feeding America Tampa Bay their primary food donation choice, this position impacts the amount and types of food brought into the organization.
- Manage expenses within the budget
- Answer phone calls from food donors and network agencies and schedule pickups and deliveries in response to request.
- Maintain accurate files for driver per DOT requirements.
- Schedule DOT/Medical/Injury appointments.
- Schedule truck maintenance with leasing companies.
- Request and manage temporary driver help when needed.
- Coordinate accident reporting.
- Manage the food donor database
- Adherence to Feeding America Tampa Bay’s policies and procedures.
- Oversee Safe Food Handling Practices
- Drive various size refrigerated straight trucks (when necessary)
- Load and unload trucks; follow correct inventory procedures (when necessary)
- Operate forklift and pallet jack (when necessary)
- Face to face meetings and presentations as well as cold calls with current, lapsed and prospective donors to secure a variety of donated food and grocery products.
- In conjunction with the COO develop a yearly work plan for food acquisition based on strategic planning including donor recognition activities, performance metrics, and annual outcomes/goals.
- Provide professional, responsive and appreciative customer service to all food industry partners, donors, and co-workers.
Utilize a donor tracking system which should include a contact management tool, ability to run donor reports for tracking trends and volume, and a donor acknowledgement component, Food Donor Receipting
- Track donations weekly by current donors, return of lapsed donors, and prospects turned to donors. Consider tracking product categories.
- Attend food industry events including trade shows and association meetings, and network conferences as required.
- Attend food safety classes and receive ServSafe certification. Keep certification current.
- Complete Certified in Food Resources training
- Maintain regular communication with Feeding America’s product sourcing department for updated information and background about national partners.
- Oversee Food Sourcing pounds and expense budgets
- Collaborate with internal departments to maximize donation opportunities; including regular strategy meetings with operations, programs and agency relations.
- Responsible for responding to food donor calls and web site inquiries regarding food donations
- Generate monthly reports regarding product receipt, donations, costs, and other Food Sourcing projects
- Work with the Warehouse Manager to confirm space availability to receive product
- Assure daily maintenance and review of Feeding America Choice System offerings and available shares.
- Represent the organization professionally; maintain positive public relations, and exceptional customer service.
- Procures Purchased Food and manages stock inventory
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- College degree preferred – equivalent experience.
- Three years experience required in transportation dispatching/customer service role.
- Safe food handling certification a plus.
- Fork-lift and pallet jack operation training and experience.
- U.S. Department of Transportation knowledge/certification required.
- Clean driving record.
- Knowledge of the Tampa Bay area.
- Strong map-reading skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills required: Word, Excel, and Outlook
Essential Job Functions:
- Work in a seated position up to 8 hours a day, 5 days a week
- May be required to work some weekends
- Bend, stoop/squat, and walk intermittently throughout the day
- See, hear, and speak with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks
- Perform office tasks using simple hand grasp, fine hand manipulation, and reach associated with assigned tasks such as use of telephone.
- Lift/lower, push/pull and carry objects/parcels.
- Demonstrate cognitive ability to:
- Follow directions and routines
- Work independently with appropriate judgment
- Exhibit spatial awareness
- Read words and numbers
- Concentrate, memorize, and recall
- Identify logical connections and determine sequence of response
- Evaluate problems and escalate / inform Management as necessary
- Commitment to understanding and supporting FATB’s mission – Ending Hunger, Nourishing Hope
- Superior Customer Focus
- Strong team player and peer relationships
- Can do Attitude
- Honesty and Integrity