See All Current Openings
Vice President of Programs and Services
FOOD Share, Inc
The Vice President of Programs and Services is responsible to lead the programs and services of the organization. The term ‘lead’ includes advocacy, client satisfaction and analytical review of community impact achieved based on program and service outcomes. The VP-PS is expected to focus on short-term objectives to meet Strategic Plan Goals while developing long-term value. The VP-PS is participates on the Leadership Team of the organization.
- Lead team of staff and volunteers to implement programs and services of the organization with focus on underserved populations. Implementation includes: program planning and management, stakeholder satisfaction and analytical review of community need, program goals and actual outcomes.
- Provide leadership support to the volunteers within the organization, with special emphasis on youth involvement.
- Continually assess and plan for innovative ways to build capacity within agency partners; in order to increase services, improve customer satisfaction or meet a specific community need.
- Foster a spirit of coaching and motivation; with an emphasis on teamwork amongst staff, volunteers and agency personnel and the community at large.
- Develop plans to meet the current Strategic Plan of the organization as it relates to programs, services, volunteers and agency partners.
- Act as an advocate for hunger services within the county. Participate in community activities that increase understanding as to the root causes of hunger.
- Identify community trends which would impact FOOD Share and its mission to serve the hungry.
- Manage systems to track data necessary to meet the needs of donors, evaluate effectiveness and establish levels of impact on specific needs within a community.
- Lead process for reviewing concerns presented to the organization by the community, staff, volunteers or agencies.
- Provide written reports as required. Present vision, reports, proposals etc. to President & CEO, Board of Directors, staff, volunteers, and community members, etc.
CURRENT FOOD SHARE PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
- Agency Pantry Distribution Partners
- Senior Nutrition Home Delivery Program
- Senior Brown Bag Program
- Garden Programs
- USDA Food Distribution Program
- Nutrition Education
- Kids Farmers Markets
- Mobile Community Farmers Market
- Cal Fresh Choice Outreach - Contract Program (formerly Food Stamps)
- Master’s Degree in Organizational Development, Business Administration, or applicable field preferred but not required
- 5 years minimum of management/supervisory experience
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written skills
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel
- Experience working in a Non-Profit organization as staff or volunteer
- Experience in community organizing a plus and knowledge of hunger issues helpful
- Bi-lingual preferred – Spanish preferred
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS TO BE SUCCESFUL IN THIS POSITION
- Desire to help others grow to be leaders
- Team player
- Active listener
- Respect for others
- Strategic thinker
- Change agent
“Leadership is more than a title; it’s a privilege and therefore a burden of the highest responsibility” Mike Myatt, Contributor FORBES
FOOD Share, Inc. embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.